With more and more people joining the roleplay scene, I’m beginning to see more and more little rp’ing pet peeves occurring. Now, don’t get me wrong. I love interacting with people who are new to rp’ing. However, there are always a few things I wish they would learn. So, now, I’m just going to make… a sort of starter, guideline post for those new to the Tumblr rp family.
- Godmodding - This is easily the one thing that people will get ticked off over. For those who don’t know what it is, Godmodding is when you control what someone else’s character is saying or doing. For example, having someone else character suddenly kiss, touch, or do something with yours is considered Godmodding. If you commit this Tumblr rp crime, you’ll find that people aren’t going to want to rp with you.
- Link/Text Posts - When holding ongoing conversations or paras, you’ll find that eventually, it will reblog as a link if you don’t change it. This is a huge, huge think, and I can’t stress the importance of changing it to text. It keeps everything cleaner, and it’s super easy. If you have a hard time figuring out how to do it, don’t be afraid to ask. People aren’t going to bite. Also, this rule does not apply for those on mobile, because it is accepted that you can’t change the format.
- Trim your posts - Another huge one. Do your followers a favor and cut your posts. Every few replies, delete past responses. It keeps the dash from getting cluttered and is… well, common courtesy.
- Ask before you start a para - When you want to rp with someone, do not just start a rp and tag them. It puts a pressure to reply on, and it’s, well, a bit rude. If you’re interested in para’ing with someone, just shoot them a message and ask first.
- Use the Read Mores - I speak for many when I say that there are few that are comfortable with casually scrolling along on their dash, and suddenly coming across rather… graphic, reading. Yes, smut. The read more’s were created for a reason, and it’s polite to use them.
- Following Up - It is perfectly alright to shoot someone a message if they haven’t responded to a para or conversation in a while. A while does not mean five minutes. Now, you don’t need to be pushy. A simple, “Hey, I replied, so hit me back when you get a chance.” is perfect. You don’t need to send fifty of these messages.
- Be Polite - People don’t want to interact with the character who’s mun is super pushy or aggressive. Please and thank you’s will get you everywhere.
So, yeah. Pass this along, or not. Add what needs to be added. These are just some basic tips I have for new people, to make rp’ing a more enjoyable thing for everyone.
No hate, you guys. I love each and every one of you.
First rule of Tumblr role-playing:
This is your best friend ever right here ^
AKA the ability to make link posts into text posts.
Forever reblog? Yes.
First rule of tumblr conversations too
Forever reblog indeed
Added more theme recommendations and gave it a separate page. Just use the dropdown menu. Also added a few more different pages so the ‘Misc’ page wouldn’t be so cluttered. And I guess that’s all?
THIS SHOULD BE A REQUIREMENT FOR ALL RP-ERS I MEAN REALLY
((OOC: Reblogging for to be helping other RPing people because I’ve been seeing this not happening and getting minorly bugged by that fact o3o;;))
((Reblogging again because of reasons.))
Ushia residents have reported kittens appearing out of nowhere, leaving many baffled. More news at 11.
Clear cold early morning skies, normal for the springtime. By the time most people wake up, it’ll be raining fairly hard. As the day goes on, the temperature will heat up and the will skies clear around mid-afternoon, and stay that way until night